For Models: YXZ 1000R (2016-2020)
Before working on your machine make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged. Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust, allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
1. Loosen the clamp at the head pipe to muffler joint.
2. Remove the 4 muffler mounting bolts and nuts.
3. Remove the 2 bolts that secure the rear muffler mounting bracket and remove the bracket.(See Figure #1)
4. Rotate and carefully remove the muffler from the vehicle.
Note: It may be necessary to push up the brake light in order for the muffler to be removed from the vehicle. It is not necessary to remove any body parts from the machine.
5. Remove the 6 head pipe nuts from the studs where the head pipe meets the cylinder head.
6. Remove the head pipe, being careful not to lose the gaskets. These will be reused with your HMF exhaust.
1. Be sure the gaskets are intstalled in the exhaust ports in the cylinder head. (See Figure #2)
2. Install the rear muffler mounting bracket removed previously with the original hardware.
3. Install the HMF head pipe. It may be necessary to rotate the individual primary head pipes in the collector to line everything up.
4. Install the original exhaust stud nuts hand tight.
5. Slide the supplied clamp over the inlet of the Silencer.
6. Reinstall the original silencer mounting bracket removed earlier with the original hardware.
7. Slide the HMF Sliencer over the head pipe while lining up the 3 mounting tabs on the silencer with the coresponding tabs on the frame. Install the supplied bolts, washers, and Nyloc nuts. Note: Your new HMF Silencer uses 3 mounting tabs. Not 4. Your new, light weight silencer is properly supported using only three mounting tabs. This also makes installation easier.(See Figure #3)
8. Tighten the head pipe nuts to factory specification making sure all pipes are fully inserted into the cylinder head.
9. Tighten the clamp between the HMF head pipe and silencer inlet and install the springs between the individual head pipes and collector if not done already. (See Figure #4)
(See Figure #5)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: