For Models: YFZ 450R (2009-2022)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
NOTE: These instructions show installation of the footpeg and heel guards on the right side of the machine. Installation for the left side is identical except where noted.
1. Remove the original heel guard and footpeg combo as an assembly by removing the (2) large bolts securing the footpeg to the frame and the allen head bolt near the body panel dzus clip. Save this hardware, it will be used during installation.(See Figure #1)
1. Install the main footpeg section using the original (2) large bolts.
NOTE: On the right side of the machine use the included (2) Steel Spacers between the footpeg and frame of the vehicle for brake pedal clearance. These spacers are only used on the right side of the machine.(See Figure #2)
2. Install the outer footpeg cage over the main section using the provided (2) M8-1.25x80 Allen Bolts and (2) 1/4" Flat Washers to hold the outer cage in place for each side.
NOTE: The outer footpeg cages are left-right specific. Pay attention to the integrated skid plate, the open portion on the underside should face towards the rear of the machine. (See Figure #3)
3. On the right side of the machine, remove the (2) allen bolts holding the rear brake line shield. Remove the shield, and save the longer bolt securing the rear master cylinder.(See Figure #4)
4. Install the heel guard frame over the two bolts on the footpeg and loosely secure using the provided (2) 1/4" Flat Washers, and (2) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts for each side.
5. Using the original allen head bolts and provided (2) 1/4" Flat Washers on each side secure the upper mounting locations of the heel guard frame.(See Figure #5)
6. Check for adequate clearance and proper alignment then tighten all hardware.
7. Identify the left and right nets:
There are three strap ends facing the top of each heel guard with two ends nearest the footpeg. The corner with the eyelet is secured to the corresponding tab on the frame of the heel guard using the provided (1) M6-1.0x20 Buttonhead Bolts, (2) #10 Flat Washers, and (1) M6-1.0 Nylock Nut on each side. (See Figure #6)
8. Install the provided nets by passing the free end of each strap through the outer slot, then looping around and back through the inner slot, and finally creating a secondary inner loop to lock the strap in place when weighted. Refer to the diagram below. (See Figure #7)
9. Adjust the straps as needed to get the desired amount of 'give' in the net. Excess tail can be trimmed as desired. If cut, burn/melt the ends to prevent fraying. (See Figure #8)
TIP: Periodically check and adjust the netting. The webbing will wear out and require replacement with hard use such as racing,
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: