For Models: YFZ 450R (2009-2022)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in gear and the wheels chocked.
1. Remove the rear body plastics from the machine.
2. Remove the (2) small bolts and spacers behind the subframe that retain the taillight surround & support. Keep this hardware for installation later.
3. Remove the (4) bolts holding the stock grab bar to the rear subframe and remove the grab bar.
4. Transfer the rubber grommets from the original grab bar to the HMF Rear Grab Bar.(See Figure #1)
5. Transfer the (2) 1/4 turn dzus clips from the original grab bar to the provided Grab Bar Brackets. (See Figure #2)
6. Mount the grab bar to the rear subframe with the provided (2) Grab Bar Brackets and (4) M8-1.25x25 Flanged Bolts keeping the brackets on the outside of the grab bar. Do not tighten the mounting bolts.(See Figure #3)
7. Reinstall the (2) spacers & bolts removed previously to secure the taillights surround & support.(See Figure #4)
8. Reinstall the rear body plastics. Adjust the Grab Bar Brackets as needed to align the body panel mounts and install the 1/4 turn dzus fasteners. (See Figure #5)
9. Evently tighten all (4) Grab Bar mounting bolts.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: