For Models: YFZ 450R-X (2009-2021)
1. Loosen the (2) Silencer-to-Frame Mounting Bolts.
2. Loosen the Clamp at the Silencer-to-Head Pipe Joint.
3. Brace the back of the Silencer with one hand and remove the Mounting Bolts.
4. Pull back and twist to remove the Silencer from the Head Pipe.
5. R and X model Full systems only: Remove the (3) Heat Shield-to-Head Pipe Mounting Screws and Heat Shield.
Note: It may be necessary to loosen the original Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Nuts to allow for some movement of the head pipe. This movement can be beneficial when ensuring proper exhaust system installation and alignment.
1. Install the supplied clamp to the slotted end of the Mid Pipe. Then, slide the Mid Pipe onto the end of the Head Pipe, leaving the clamp loose.
2. Using the supplied hardware, install the Mounting Bracket onto the Silencer. (Bracket may be pre-installed from HMF)
Please note that you need to adjust and align the position of the bracket bolts and the bracket itself before tightening. We send this loose to make the installation easier on you. Ensure everything is aligned and positioned and make sure to tighten all of the bolts securely. Check these bolts after the first few rides to ensure they do not become lose.(See Figure #1)
For round silencers: Refer to the image to ensure proper bracket installation.(See Figure #2)
3. Slide the Silencer with Mounting Bracket and clamp onto the end of the Mid Pipe.
4. Using the supplied hardware, bolt the Silencer to Sub Frame.
5. Tighten the Silencer-to-Sub-Frame Bolts, Silencer to Bracket Bolts, Head Pipe Nuts (if loosened), and (2) clamps.
6. Inspect all areas around the exhaust system for clearance with hoses, cables etc. HMF will not be held responsible for damage caused by improper installation.
7. Check silencer bracket bolts after the first few rides to ensure they do not become lose.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: