For Models: YFZ 450R-X (2009-2021)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in gear and the wheels chocked.
1. Remove the rear body plastics from the machine.
2. Remove the (2) small bolts behind the battery that retain the taillight surround & support. Keep these (2) bolts for installation later.
3. Remove the (4) bolts holding the stock grab bar to the rear subframe and remove the grab bar.
4. Transfer the rubber grommets and metal spacers from the original grab bar to the HMF Rear Grab Bar.(See Figure #1)
5. Mount the grab bar to the rear subframe with the provided (2) Brackets - Grab Bar - Yamaha YFZ450 and (4) M8-1.25x25 Flanged Bolts keeping the brackets on the outside of the grab bar. (See Figure #2)
6. Reinstall the (2) bolts removed previously to secure the taillights surround & support.
7. Transfer the (2) 1/4 turn clips from the original grab bar to the brackets on the HMF Grab bar.(See Figure #3)
8. Check for proper alignment of the grab bar to the subframe then tighten the mounting hardware.
9. Reinstall the rear body plastics and any other removed components. (See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: