For Models: YFZ 450 (2004-2013)
1. Loosen the (2) Silencer-to-Frame Mounting Bolts.
2. Loosen the Clamp at the Silencer-to-Head Pipe Joint.
3. Brace the back of the Silencer with one hand and remove the Mounting Bolts.(See Figure #1)
4. Pull back and twist to remove the Silencer from the Head Pipe.
5. Full system only: Remove the Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Nuts and Head Pipe.
Inspect the Gasket for wear and damage. Replace if necessary.
Note: It may be necessary to loosen the original Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Nuts to allow for some movement of the head pipe. This movement can be beneficial when ensuring proper exhaust system installation and alignment.
1. Install the supplied Clamp to the slotted end of the Mid Pipe. Then, slide the Mid Pipe onto the end of the Head Pipe, leave the clamp loose.
2. Using the supplied hardware, install the Mounting Bracket onto the Silencer. (Bracket may be pre-installed from HMF)(See Figure #2)
Note: You need to adjust and align the position of the bracket bolts and the bracket itself before tightening. We send this loose to make the installation easier on you. Ensure everything is aligned and positioned and make sure to tighten all of the bolts securely.
3. Install the supplied Clamp onto the Silencer Inlet. Then slide the Silencer onto the end of the Mid Pipe, ensuring to line up the Mounting Brackets with the holes in the Sub-frame.
4. Place the supplied Fender Washers on both sides of the Rubber Mounts. Then, bolt the Silencer to the Sub-frame.
5. Tighten the Silencer-to-Sub-Frame Bolts, Silencer to Bracket Bolts, Head Pipe Nuts (if loosened), and (2) Clamps.
6. Inspect all areas around the exhaust system for clearance with hoses, cables, etc.
HMF will not be held responsible for damage caused by improper installation.(See Figure #3)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: