For Models: Wolverine (2016-2018)
1. Use a long piece of electrical wire or spring puller to remove the (2) Springs at the Head pipe-to-Silencer Joint.
2. Remove the mounting bolt and rubber hanger from the silencer and remove the silencer.
3. Remove the (2) Mounting Nuts from the Head Pipe Flange and remove the Head Pipe, being careful not to lose the original gasket.
1. Be sure the original Cylinder Head-to-Head Pipe Gasket is free of wear or damage, and install it in the exhaust port. (if previously removed)
2. Install the HMF head pipe onto the cylinder head using the original mounting nuts. Do not tighten.
3. Inspect the original donut gasket for wear or damage and replace if necessary. Slide the HMF silencer over the gasket head pipe.
4. Use the original rubber hanger and supplied M8x40 bolt with 5/16” fender washers one on each side of the rubber mount to mount the muffler.(See Figure #1)
5. Install the supplied #35119 Rubber Mount in the location shown in Image 1, using the supplied 5/16" shoulder bolt. Use the 3/8" fender washer on the bolt head side and 1/4" washer on nut side. Tighten the nut all the way until it bottoms on the shoulder.(See Figure #2)
6. Use a long piece of electrical wire or spring puller to install the 2 supplied springs at the head pipe to silencer joint.
7. Tighten the head pipe mounting nuts.
8. Check all areas around the exhaust system for proper clearance and alignment.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: