For Models: Viking (2014-2021)
1. Use a long piece of electrical wire or spring puller to remove the two springs at the head pipe-to-inlet joint.
2. Place the bed in the “dump” position.
3. Remove the 2 bolts and 2 plastic fasteners from the heat shield behind the silencer and remove the heat shield.
4. Remove the silencer mounting bolt and the silencer, leaving the rubber mount attached to the frame.
1. Inspect the original donut gasket for wear or damage. Replace if necessary.
2. Position the HMF Silencer in the original mounting location, sliding the front hanger through the original rubber mount.(See Figure #1)
3. Use the original bolt with 1 of the supplied fender washers on either side of the mounting bracket to finish mounting the silencer to the frame.
4. Replace the heat shield using the original hardware.(See Figure #2)
5. Close the dump bed. Use a long piece of electrical wire or spring puller to install the supplied springs at the head pipe-to-inlet joint.
6. Check all areas around the exhaust for proper clearance and alignment. Adjust as necessary.(See Figure #3)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: