For Models: Raptor 700 (2006-2021)
1. Remove the seat.
2. Remove the bolts holding the Plastic Front Radiator cover on. (See Figure #1)
3. Remove the cover and the bolt shown in Figure 2.(See Figure #2)
4. Unplug the connector shown in Figure 3.(See Figure #3)
5. Remove the Fuel Cap and Plastic Fuel Tank Cover. (See Figure #4)
6. Temporarily replace the fuel cap to contain fumes.
7. Remove the Rear Main Plastic Mounting Hardware and remove the Main Plastic Cover. (See Figure #5)
8. Remove the fuel tank mounting bolts. (See Figure #6)
9. Have a helper hold the fuel tank up and out of the way. (Removal of the tank not necessary.)
10. Route the Optimizer harness connectors between the battery and the aluminum frame member.
11. Ground the Optimizer's black wire to a suitable location on the frame of the vehicle. Do not ground directly to the battery negative terminal.
12. Unplug the connector at the fuel injector. (See Figure #7)
13. Plug the grey connector of the Optimizer harness into the fuel injector. (See Figure #8)
14. Plug the Black connector of the Optimizer harness into the original harness connector you unplugged from the injector.
15. Run the Optimizer harness under the battery mount and air box mounts to keep the harness from being damaged. Use the supplied zip ties to secure the Optimizer harness away from any hot and/or moving parts. (See Figure #9)
16. Use the supplied Velcro to mount the Optimizer in the tool box area. Cut a small notch in the tool box plastic to keep the harness from being pinched by the seat.
17. Reinstall all hardware and plastic body work.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: