For Models: LT-R 450 (2006-2009)
1. Loosen the Silencer-To-Head Pipe Clamp.
2. Remove the (2) Silencer Bolts and the Silencer.
3. Remove the (2) Cylinder-To-Head Pipe Joint Nuts and remove the stock Head Pipe.
1. Make sure the Stock Cylinder-To-Head Pipe Gasket is in good shape and positioned inside the Exhaust Port.
2. Mount the HMF Head Pipe using the Stock Nuts. Snug but do not tighten yet, leave loose enough to allow for movement.
3. Slide the provided clamp onto the inlet of the HMF Exhaust.
4. Using the supplied hardware, mount the HMF Silencer to the stock location of the mounting tabs.
5. IMPORTANT: Use washers on both sides of the rubber mounts.(See Figure #1)
6. Tighten in this Order:
A. Both Silencer-To-Subframe Bolts.
B. Tighten the Head Pipe to the Cylinder Nuts.
C. Use the T-Bolt Clamp on the Silencer-To-Head Pipe Joint.
7. Install the supplied Heat Shield Square on the backside of the Airbox.
8. Tuning is required for proper operation. The HMF Map Key is a plug in tuning solution available separately.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: