For Models: Sportsman® 850 (2017-2022)
1. Be sure the vehicle is completely cooled off and that the transmission is in the park position with the emergency brake set.
2. Using a spring puller or long peice of heavy gauge electrical wire, remove the 2 springs at the head pipe to muffler joint. These springs will not be re used with your HMF exhaust.
3. Pull back on the muffler to remove it from the vehicle.
4. Remove the top exhuast hanger from the vehicle. It will not be re used with your HMF exhaust and will interfere with installation.
1. Inspect the original donut gasket for wear or damage. Replace it if necessary.
2. Slide the HMF mid pipe over the gasket on the head pipe. Use a spring puller or long piece of electrical wire to install the supplied springs at the head pipe to mid pipe joint as shown.(See Figure #1)
3. Using the supplied 3/8" bolts, washers, and nyloc nuts install the supplied bracket onto the rear section of the frame as shown.(See Figure #2)
4. Install the muffler to the bracket (and mid pipe) using the 8MM hex bolts, fender washers (one on each side of both rubber mounts), 1/4" washers, and nyloc nuts.(See Figure #3)
5. Use a spring puller or long piece of electrical wire to install the supplied spring at the mid pipe to muffler joint.
6. Inspect all areas around the exhaust system for proper clearance and alignment. Adjust as necessary.
Note: Fuel tuning is highly recommended when using your HMF exhaust with the Sportsman 850.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: