For Models: Sportsman® 800 (2002-2014)
1. Make sure the machine is on level ground and completely cooled down.
2. Using a Spring Puller or piece of Wire, remove the Stock Springs that hold the Silencer and Head Pipe together.
3. Loosen the Silencer Mounting Bolts.
4. Brace the back of the Silencer with one hand, and take the Bolts the rest of the way out.
5. Pull back and twist until the Silencer is removed.
6. Inspect and replace the Stock Gasket if necessary, you will reuse it with your HMF Silencer.
7. Remove the Rear Exhaust Mounting Bracket or Brackets, depending if it is a dual or single system. If it is a single, you must also remove the Bolt on the opposite side. (See Figure #1)
1. Slide the HMF Silencer onto the Stock Head Pipe (with gasket) and align the holes of the Mounting Brackets.
2. Mount the Silencer using the Stock Bolts and the supplied Springs. Align the Silencer and tighten. (See Figure #2)
3. With most applications, rejetting/remapping is a necessity.
NOTE: If you purchase an HMF Snorkle kit, it may not be compatible with some bumpers.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: