For Models: Sportsman® 550 XP (2010-2016), Sportsman® 850 XP (2010-2016), Sportsman® 850 Touring (2011-2022)
1. Make sure the machine is on level ground and completely cooled down.
2. Remove the Stock Silencer and Springs. You may use a Spring Puller or a long piece of wire to do this. (You may need to loosen the pipe at the head to allow for easier removal/installation.)
3. Slide the Silencer to the right and remove. (You may need to slide the frame rubber mounts back or forward to accomplish removal.)
4. Inspect the Stock Gasket and replace if worn.
1. Using the supplied hardware, bolt on the Frame Mounting Bracket. (See Figure #1)
2. Slide the Silencer to the left and into the Rubber Mounts.
3. Align the Silencer. (To do this, you may need to slide the Frame Rubber Mounts back and forth.)(See Figure #2)
4. Align the Rubber Mount Bracket with the Frame Mounting Bracket. Install the Bracket with the 5/16” x 1-1/4” Bolt and 5/16” Fender Washers on both sides of the Rubber Mount Bracket.(See Figure #3)
5. Reinstall the Springs. To keep the mud out of your Silencer, use the supplied Adapter and Turn Down/Out Tip. (See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: