For Models: Sportsman® 570 (2014-2020), Sportsman® 450 (2016-2020)
1. Remove the Nuts, Carriage Bolts and Grommets from the Stock Silencer.
2. Using a Spring Puller or a Long Piece of Electrical Wire (recommended), remove (2) Springs holding the Silencer to the Head Pipe. Remove the Silencer.
3. Remove the Silencer Bracket Bolts and Bracket.
4. Remove the Left-Rear-Sub-Frame-Bolt.
1. Check the original gasket for wear or damage. Replace if necessary.
2. Position the HMF Slip On so the Mounting Brackets line up with the Rear-Most-Sub-Frame-Bolt-Holes, and the Inlet lines up with the Head Pipe. (See Figure #1)
3. Use the original bolts to mount the Silencer to the Sub-Frame.
4. Using a spring puller or a long piece of electrical wire (recommended), install the (2) Supplied Springs at the Inlet-to-Head-Pipe-Joint.
5. Inspect all areas around the exhaust for proper clearance with hoses, plastics, etc. Adjust as necessary.
HMF Turn Down Installation(See Figure #2)
1. Remove the (4) Allen Head Bolts from the Swamp End Cap and remove the End Cap.
2. Slide the Swamp Turn Down Adapter Tube through the End Cap so the flanged end will butt up to the Silencer.
3. Replace the End Cap (with adapter tube) and (4) Allen Head Bolts.
4. Slide the T-Bolt Clamp over the Turn Down and slide the Turn Down over the Adapter Tube.
5. Tighten the T-Bolt Clamp.
Note: HMF will not be held responsible for damages caused by improper installation.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: