For Models: RZR XP® 1000 (2014-2023), RZR XP® 4 1000 (2014-2023)
1. Remove the silencer cover.(See Figure #1)
2. Unplug the Oxygen sensor from the vehicle wiring harness.
3. Remove Silencer-to-Frame springs.
4. Remove (2) Bolts and Springs at the Head Pipe-to-Silencer Joint.
5. Remove the Silencer.
Note: 2014 Models: Use a long piece of electrical wire to remove the Head Pipe-to-Silencer Springs and Silencer-to-frame springs.(See Figure #2)
6. Remove the Silencer Cover Brackets and Aluminum Heat Shield.
7. Slide the Top Rubber Mounts out of the frame.
8. Remove the (6) Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Bolts and remove the Head Pipe. The stock bolts can be difficult to remove. We recommend using a 6mm Long Ball End Socket.
9. Oil Dipstick needs to be repositioned to allow for added clearance from the Head Pipe and easier access from the banner between the seats.
10. Remove the Dipstick by removing the (2) bolts that attach the Dipstick Tube Hold Down to the engine. (See Figure #3)
11. Push the Coolant Hose out of the way and remove the dipstick tube. Note: Do Not Remove any Hoses
12. There are (2) Locating Tabs on the Dipstick Tube Flange and (2) on the engine side. Install the Dipstick Tube 180 degrees from its original position, making the tabs fit into the notches. It will rest slightly on the inboard coolant hose. (See Figure #4)
13. Put the Original Dipstick Tube Hold Down Bolts back in along with the Dipstick. (See Figure #5)
1. Install the Silencer Mounting Bracket to the Chassis using (2) of the Original Mounting Bolts from the Heat Shield for the top of the Bracket.
2 The center hole on the bottom of the Bracket will fit over the Transmission Mount Stud.
3. Install the (1) Original Transmission Mount Nut onto the stud over the supplied bracket.(See Figure #6)
4. Hang the Heat Shield by sliding the Heat Shield over the (2) Top Studs on Bracket.
5. Typically, the OEM Cylinder head-to-head pipe gasket can be reused. If it is damaged or worn, use the new gasket from your parts kit. Install the HMF head pipe using the original bolts. Do not tighten the bolts yet. (Note: Insert head pipe between fender and front of shock)(See Figure #7)
6. Thoroughly clean the right side of the intake manifold, then peel the plastic off of the included Self Adhesive heat shield square. Install it on the side of the intake manifold.(See Figure #8)
7. Install the Lower Mid Pipe into the Silencer, then install the assembly to the Head Pipe and Lower Bracket using the supplied M8 Carriage Bolts, nyloc nuts, and washers. (Install Carriage bolts from the Engine-Side of the Bracket) Level and center the Silencer and tighten the mounting nuts.
8. Install the top mid pipe into the silencer, then install the assembly to the head pipe and top bracket using the supplied nyloc nuts. Align and center the top silencer and tighten mounting nuts. Using a long piece of wire, install the supplied head pipe-to-mid pipe springs and mid pipe-to-silencer springs.
9. Torque head pipe bolts to OEM specs.(See Figure #9)
QUIET CORES & SPARK ARRESTORS
We do not recommend leaving installed for Extended High Rpm Use such as desert racing. Leaving the quiet core spark arrestor combo installed in these types of scenarios can result in excessive heat that can cause damage NOT covered under HMF’s warranty policy.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: