For Models: RZR XP® 1000 (2014-2020)
Before working on your machine make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust, allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
It is recommend to perform an engine oil change when installing this kit. The oil filter relocation kit slightly increases the total oil capacity, have one full extra quart of oil on hand to accommodate this increased capacity.
1. Drain the engine oil if performing an oil change while installing this kit.
2. Thoroughly clean the area surrounding the oil filter and remove the oil filter.
3. Be sure the o-ring is installed in the groove of the Oil Filter Adapter.
4. Install (2) Straight Push Lock Connectors into the Oil Filter Adapter. Before tightening the fittings, loosely install the Oil Filter Adapter onto the engine to check for adequate clearance of surrounding components. Certain applications such as the RZR Turbo may require the use of the included (1) 45 degree Elbow to better clear the turbo and oil drain line. See images below. (See Figure #1)
(See Figure #2)
NOTE 1: It is highly recommended to use a thread sealing compound (not included) when tightening all fittings into the Oil Filter Adapter and Remote Oil Filter Mount.
NOTE 2: The fittings provided in the kit use a tapered pipe thread. They will not thread all the way down into the aluminum Oil Filter Adapter or Remote Oil Filter Mount. Typically 2 ½ to 3 ½ turns is sufficient to achieve a seal. Do not overtighten.
5. Tighten the fittings in the Oil Filter Adapter and install the Oil Filter Adapter to the engine. Tighten the Oil Filter Adapter 1/2 to 2/3 turns after the o-ring contacts the engine (just like installing an oil filter normally), do not overtighten.
6. Install the Oil Filter Stud M20x1.5 into the Remote Oil Filter Mount. It is recommended to use some blue Loctite to prevent the stud from backing out.
7. Locate a suitable location for the Remote Oil Filter Mount. Take into consideration any moving or hot parts as well as the routing of the oil lines between the Remote Oil Filter Mount and Oil Filter Adapter. (See Figure #3)
8. Once a suitable mounting location has been determined use the supplied Backing Plate Bracket to mark where the mounting holes will be drilled.
9. Drill the marked holes with a 5/16” or 8mm drill bit.
10. Install the (2) 90 degree Elbows and (2) Straight Push Lock Connectors to the Remote Oil Filter Mount. When tightening the fittings take into consideration the oil line routing and orient the fittings appropriately.(See Figure #4)
11. Install the Remote Oil Filter Mount using the supplied (2) M8x35 Button Head Bolts, (4) ¼” Washers, (2) M8 Nylock Nuts, and Backing Plate Bracket. The Backing Plate Bracket should go on the opposite side of the panel the Remote Oil Filter Mount is installed on.
12. Determine the length of oil lines needed between the Oil Filter Adapter and Remote Oil Filter Mount. Cut the supplied oil line to length.
TIP: When cutting the oil lines use an appropriate tubing cutter or sharp razor blade. Make sure the cuts are clean and perpendicular to prevent any leaks.
13. Refer to the diagram below. Push the oil line from the center fitting A on the Oil Filter Adapter to the center fitting A on the Remote Oil Filter Mount. Repeat with the outside B fittings. Make sure all oil lines are fully seated on the fittings.(See Figure #5)
14. Fill the oil filter with oil before installing it on the Remote Oil Filter Mount. If you are doing an oil change when installing this kit be sure the engine drain plug is installed and fill the engine with the recommended amount of oil.
15. Start the engine and allow it to idle for approximately 30 seconds. Squeeze the oil lines between the Oil Filter Adapter and Remote Oil Filter Mount to make sure they are pressurized and oil is flowing.
16. If you do not feel the oil lines pressurized or notice anything that does not seem correct while the engine is running immediately stop the engine and check the oil lines are routed correctly. HMF Engineering will not be held responsible for any engine damage due to improper installation.
17. After shutting the engine off follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure to check the engine oil level and top off as needed.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: