For Models: RZR® RS1 (2018-2022)
1. Remove the front hood and access the battery. Disconnect the battery and remove it from the battery box.
2. Remove the (2) Torx head bolts at the bottom of the battery box and the (2) bolts at the front of the battery box near the grille. Remove the battery box for better access. (See Figure #1)
3. Install the provided RS1 Top Winch Bumper Mounting Plate by removing bolts on the side of the frame as pictured below and sliding the bracket under the battery box. Reinstall the (2) bolts on each side of the frame. (See Figure #2)
4. With the Mounting Plate installed use a 5/16" drill bit to drill through the frame of the vehicle as shown. (See Figure #3)
5. Using the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4" Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts secure the mounting bracket through the frame (See Figure #4)
6. Trim out the two small vertical plastic parts of the grille pictured below using a pair of side cutters or a small cut-off wheel.(See Figure #5)
7. Remove the factory tow hook temporarily, save the two bolts. You will be able to reinstall the tow hook once the bumper is fully installed.
8. If you are installing a winch at the same time as installing the bumper, install the winch to the bumper before mounting the bumper to the vehicle. It may be necessary to change the direction the rope/wire comes off the winch's spool so that it does not bind on winch tie rods.
9. Begin installing the bumper to the vehicle by placing it over the front of the vehicle and sliding the upper mounting tabs through the trimmed parts of the grille.
10. Loosely begin securing the bumper to the vehicle using the provided (2) M12x1.75x25 Flange Head Hex Bolts, (2) M12 Washers, and (2) M12x1.75 Nylock Nuts through the middle bumper tubes. The provided washers will go between the frame and nylock nut. Do not tighten.(See Figure #6)
11. Continue securing the bumper at the upper tabs that slide through the grille to the previously installed bracket using the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4" Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts. Do not tighten.
12. Secure the bumper at the lower mounting points using the remaining (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4" Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts. At this time the factory tow hook can be installed as well. No additional hardware is needed to reinstall the tow hook, use the original bolts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #7)
13. Check for proper alignment and clearance, adjust as needed then tighten all hardware previously left loose.
14. Install the provided (2) 1-1/4" Cap Plugs to complete the installation of the bumper. (See Figure #8)
15. Reinstall the battery box, battery, storage bin and front hood.
NOTE: If the storage bin sits up too high and prevents the hood from latching properly check that the mounting bracket is aligned properly and not interfering with the front lip of the bin. Alternately you can also trim the front edge of the storage bin down.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: