For Models: RZR® RS1 (2018-2022)
1. Remove the silencer cover.(See Figure #1)
2. Unplug the Oxygen sensor from the vehicle wiring harness.
3. Remove the 2 bolts and springs at the head pipe-to-silencer joint. Remove the silencer.
4. Remove the silencer cover brackets and aluminum heat shield.
5. Slide the top rubber mounts out of the frame.
6. Remove the (6) head pipe-to-cylinder head bolts and remove the head pipe.
7. Remove the Rear Plastic Brackets, these will not be reused with the HMF Exhaust.(See Figure #2)
1. Install the supplied silencer bracket in place of the original aluminum heat shield. Mount the bracket using the (2) supplied M6 x 20 hex bolts. For the bottom of the bracket, remove the Transmission Mount Nut and reuse. (See Figure #3)
2. Typically, the OEM Cylinder head-to-head pipe gasket can be reused. If it is damaged or worn, use the new gasket from your parts kit. Install the HMF head pipe using the original bolts. Do not tighten the bolts yet.
3. Thoroughly clean the right side of the intake manifold, then peel the plastic off of the included self-adhesive heat shield square. Install it on the side of the intake manifold as shown(See Figure #4)
5. Install the lower mid pipe into the silencer, then install the assembly to the head pipe and lower bracket using the supplied M8 carriage bolts and nylock nuts. (Insert the carriage bolts from the engine side of the bracket but Do not tighten). Center and level the HMF Silencer and tighten the nylock nuts.
6. Install the top mid pipe into the silencer, then install the assembly to the head pipe and top bracket using the supplied nylock nuts. Align and center the top silencer and tighten mounting nuts. Using a long piece of wire or spring puller, install the supplied head pipe-to-mid pipe springs and mid pipe-to-silencer springs.
7. Torque head-pipe bolts to OEM specs and inspect the installation.(See Figure #5)
NOTE: Your HMF exhaust system includes 2 quiet core inserts and 2 spark arrestors. While using the quiet core spark arrestor combination produced the best dyno results, we do not recommend leaving them installed for extended high RPM use such as desert racing. Leaving the quiet core spark arrestor combo installed in these types of scenarios can result in excessive heat that can cause damage NOT covered under HMF’s warranty policy.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: