For Models: RZR® S 900 (2016-2019), RZR® 900 Trail (2016-2019)
!!! Before working on your machine make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged. Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust, allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
1. Remove the screws from the plastic rear fascia. Slowly being to pull the rear fascia away from the machine. When there is enough room reach in and disconnect the tail light harness.
2. Trim the rear fascia as shown.(See Figure #1)
(See Figure #2)
3. Using a long piece of wire or a spring puller remove the 2 springs holding the factory silencer to the head pipe. Save these springs, they will be used later during installation.
4. Remove the springs holding the silencer to the frame and carefully remove the factory silencer from the rear of the machine. You may also remove the 2 rubber mounts from the frame, they will not be reused.
5. Inspect the donut gasket on the factory head pipe, if worn or damaged replace with a new OEM part.
1. Install the provided Exhaust Hanger Bracket using the top transmission mount stud and original nut along with the supplied (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (2) 1/4" Flat Washers, (2) 5/16" Fender Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts. Be sure that the top portion of the bracket dgoes under the frame rail. (See Figure #3)
NOTE: We have found that some frames have a hole under the plastic (leftmost arrow) and some will have a hole where the middle arrow is. Use whichever mounting hole is present in your frame. All will have the hole where the arrow on the right arrow is pointing.(See Figure #4)
2. Install the lower silencer with the outlet tip and 180 degree bend to the lower mounting holes of the exhaust hanger bracket using the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (4) 1/4" Flat Washers. Make sure the silencer is straight and level before tightening the hardware.(See Figure #5)
3. Slide the provided #64 MSH T-Bolt Clamp over the 180 degree bend on the lower silencer then install the upper silencer by sliding the short outlet into the 180 degree bend then rotating the entire silencer to meet the exhaust hanger bracket and factory head pipe. Secure with the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (4) 1/4" Flat Washers.
4. Check for proper alignment and clearance of all installed parts then tighten all loose hardware. Tighten the T-Bolt clamp at the outlet of the upper silencer where the 180 degree bend goes over the outlet of the upper silencer.
5. Install the original springs between the inlet of the upper silencer and the factory head pipe using a long piece of wire or a spring puller tool.
6. Reinstall all body panels and fasteners and check all areas around the exhaust system for proper clearance and alignent. Adjust and secure as needed.
Hook me up! Get $75 off your next exhaust order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: