For Models: RZR® 4 900 (2015-2017), RZR® S 900 (2015-2018), RZR® 900 Trail (2015-2015), RZR® 900 XC (2015-2017)
1. Remove the screws from the plastic rear fascia. Slowly begin to pull the rear fascia away from the machine. When there is enough room, reach in and disconnect the tail light harness. Set the rear fascia aside.
2. Using a long piece of electrical wire or a spring puller, remove the 2 springs at the head pipe-to-silencer joint and the 2 springs that hold the silencer against the frame. Slowly pull back on the silencer to remove it. Note: You can remove the 2 rubber mounts from the frame as they will not be reused.
3. Remove the top nut from the rear transmission mount.
4. For slip on: Move on to step 1 of HMF Slip on exhaust installation.
For full system: Move on to step 5.
5. Unplug the O2 sensor from the wiring harness.
6. Remove the following:
Seats, Air intake housing, Rear close off panel, Head pipe
6. Carefully remove any gasket material left on the cylinder head.
1. Be sure cylinder head gasket mating surface is clean from old gasket material.
2. Using the supplied gasket and original mounting bolts, install the new HMF head pipe.
3. Install the HMF silencer bracket using the top transmission mount stud and original nut, and the supplied M8 20 hex bolts, fender washers, M8 nyloc nuts and flat washers. (Note: Be sure that the top portion of the bracket goes under frame rail. See Figure #1)(See Figure #1)
Note: We have found that some frames have a hole under the plastic (leftmost arrow) and some will have a hole where the middle arrow is. Use whichever mounting hole is present on your frame. All will have the hole where the arrow on the right is pointing. (See Figure #2)
4. Slide the “S” bend for the lower silencer over the lower collector outlet on the head pipe.
5. Slide the lower silencer onto the lower “S” bend. Once the silencer is in position, insert 2 Supplied M8x20 Bolts and flat washers in through the back of the mounting bracket. Install the supplied M8 nyloc nuts and flat washers.
6. With the lower silencer level, tighten up the nuts and bolts for the lower silencer.
7. Slide the “S” bend for the top silencer over the top collector outlet on the head pipe.
8. Slide the top silencer onto the top “S” bend. Once the silencer is in position, insert 2 Supplied M8x20 Bolts and flat washers in through the back of the mounting bracket. Install the supplied M8 nyloc nuts and flat washers. (See Figure #3)
9. With the top silencer level, tighten up the nuts and bolts for the top silencer.
10. Use a spring puller or long piece of electrical wire to install the supplied springs at the Collector to “S” bend joints and also at the “S” bend to silencer joints.(See Figure #4)
11. Replace all body panels and fasteners and check all areas around the exhaust system for proper clearance and alignment.
ATTENTION! Improper fuel tuning can cause damage to your engine and exhaust. HMF is not responsible for this type of damage.
Hook me up! Get $75 off your next exhaust order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: