For Models: Brute Force 750 (2015-2022)
Before working on your machine make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust, allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
1. Remove the seat, plastic panel under the headlight, and left side storage container.
2. Remove the left side main plastic panel, and splash shield in the left front fender.
3. Unplug the oxygen sensor from the vehicle’s electrical harness and route the wiring so it is free from the vehicle. Remove the sheet metal heat shield near the oxygen sensor.
4. Remove the hardware connecting the front cylinder head pipe to the factory silencer inlet.
5. Remove the nuts holding the rear cylinder head pipe to the rear cylinder. (Save these nuts)
6. Remove the factory silencer/rear head pipe by removing the hardware holding the silencer to the vehicle.
7. Remove the nuts holding the front cylinder head pipe to the front cylinder and remove the front cylinder head pipe. (Save these nuts)
TIP: Front head pipe is easily removed through the front wheel well when the plastic splash shield is removed (3 plastic body rivets). Then get the flange off the cylinder head studs and rotate the bend around the frame tube. Then remove the entire head pipe through the wheel well, rotating it as it is removed to clear the frame and engine. Removing the wheel is not necessary, but will also provide better access.
1. Place (1) of the provided 1.25” Flange Gaskets on the front head pipe and install the front head pipe through the front wheel well and onto the front cylinder head. Loosely install the original nuts to keep the head pipe in place. Do not tighten.
NOTE: The HMF front head pipe does not follow the same routing of the factory exhaust. The HMF front head pipe will wrap around the frame tube and radiator hose as pictured below.(See Figure #1)
2. Loosely install the rear head pipe, again using (1) of the provided 1.25” Flange Gaskets between the head pipe and cylinder head. Loosely install the original nuts to keep the head pipe in place, do not tighten.(See Figure #2)
3. Using (1) of the provided #56 T-Bolt Clamps loosely install the HMF Front Cylinder Mid-Pipe as pictured below. (See Figure #3)
If installed correctly the two head pipes will be slightly offset as shown below:(See Figure #4)
4. Slide the remaining (2) #56 T-Bolt Clamps over the ends of the head pipes then install the HMF silencer. Mount the silencer using the provided (2) M8x25 Hex Bolts, (4) ¼” Washers, and (2) M8 Nylock Nuts. Do not tighten the silencer mounting hardware at this point. (See Figure #5)
5. Tighten hardware in the following order:
6. Install the factory oxygen sensor into the bung welded into the exhaust. It is recommended to apply a small amount of anti-seize to the threads of the sensor before installing. Snug down the sensor.
7. Reinstall the heat shield, route the wiring for the oxygen sensor through the shield in the same way it was installed from the factory and plug the sensor back into the vehicle's wiring harness.
NOTE: Due to variances in the machine from the factory you may need to slightly bend the large washer on the oxygen sensor or modify the opening on the heat shield. Do not run the HMF exhaust without this heatshield or damage to the body panels may occur.
8. Inspect the entire exhaust system for proper clearance and fitment, adjust as necessary.
9. Reinstall all previously removed parts and body panels.
NOTE: All HMF exhaust for the Brute Force 750 requires fuel tuning. Visit https://www.hmfracing.com/tuning to see options for your machine.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: