For Models: Talon 1000R/X (2019-2019)
1. Remove the rear cargo bed plastic fascia.
2. Cut out the outlined portiong in the provided Honda Talon Rear Bumper Cut Template and align them with the outer portions of the plastic fascia previously removed.
3. Cut out the notches according to the cut template.(See Figure #1)
4. Bring the bumper up to the machine and loosely secure the upper supports with the provided Bar Clamp Halves and (4) M6-1.0x20 Allen Bolts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #2)
5. Loosely secure the lower portion of the bumper to the frame using the provided (4) M8-1.25x25 Hex Bolts, (4) ¼” Flat Washers, (4) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (4) 5/16” Fender Washers. The larger 5/16” Fender Washers should be placed against the frame. (See Figure #3)
6. Check for proper alignment and clearance, adjust as needed.
7. Evenly tighten the allen head bolts holding the upper bumper support clamps then tighten the lower mounting hardware.
8. Reinstall the rear fascia using the original hardware to the cargo bed. (See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get $75 off your next exhaust order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: