For Models: Rancher 420 (2014-2022), Rancher 420: IRS (2015-2022)
1. Remove the original front bumper from the original (6) mounting points at the front cargo rack, below the radiator, and at the bottom of the frame. Also remove the two smaller bolts securing the front fascia plastics to the bumper. Save the nuts and bolts securing the original bumper to the front cargo rack, they will be used later during installation. (See Figure #1)
2. Trim the plastic front fascia as shown in the image below on both sides. Trim off the area below the yellow line depicted.(See Figure #2)
3. Install the Winch Mount Plate with mounting tabs facing down using the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Hex Bolts, and (2) ¼” Flat Washers.(See Figure #3)
Note: If installing a winch at this time it is recommended to install the winch on the mounting place prior to installing the plate on the vehicle.
4. Bring the front bumper up to the vehicle and begin mounting it to the front cargo rack using the original hardware saved from the original bumper and the provided (2) 33mm Aluminum Spacers. If there is excess movement in the spacer with the hardware installed add (1) of the provided ¼” Flat Washers to each side to prevent the spacer from rattling when riding.(See Figure #4)
5. Lift the winch mount plate to meet the mounting points on the front bumper and loosely secure the two parts with the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) ¼” Flat Washers, and (2) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts. (See Figure #5)
6. Secure the lower mounting points loosely using the provided (2) M8-1.25x65 Hex Bolts, (2) ¼” Flat Washers, and (2) 1-1/8” Aluminum Spacers. (See Figure #6)
7. Using the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Hex Bolts and (2) ¼” Flat Washers secure the front plastics to the front bumper from behind into the threaded bumper tube extensions.(See Figure #7)
8. Check for proper alignment and clearance then tighten all mounting hardware.
9. Install the skidplate using the provided (3) M8-1.25x20 Buttonhead Bolts, (6) ¼” Flat Washers, and (3) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts.
Note: If a winch is installed at the same time as the bumper; install an appropriate winch fairlead using the hardware provided with the fairlead in place of the upper two mounting bolts for the skidplate.(See Figure #8)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: