For Models: Rancher 420 (2014-2022)
1. Remove the following: Seat, Side plastics, Unplug the oxygen sensor from the vehicle wiring harness, Head pipe-to-cylinder head nuts, and original exhaust system.
NOTE: Original exhaust system is one piece.
1. Inspect original gasket for wear or damage: replace if necessary.
2. Install the new head pipe using the original head pipe-to-cylinder head nuts. Do not tighten.
3. Install the supplied steel hanger spacers into the rubber inserts in the exhaust hangers. A light application of WD-40 to the spacer and the rubber inserts will make installation much smoother.
4. Slide the supplied Clamp onto the inlet of the HMF silencer.
5. Position your new HMF silencer in the original mounting position and insert the supplied Bolts, washers, and nyloc nuts. NOTE: You may need to rotate the head pipe to align both silencer hangers.(See Figure #1)
6. Check all areas around the entire exhaust system for proper alignment and clearance.
7. Starting at the Head pipe-to-cylinder head nuts, tighten all mounting hardware and Clamp.
8. Place the supplied Heatshield Square on the inside of the fender plastic, closest to the head pipe.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: