For Models: Pioneer 1000 (2016-2023)
1. Unplug the oxygen sensor from the vehicle wiring harness.
2. Slide the rubber hanger near the O2 sensor off of the mount on the original exhaust.
3. Remove the 2 bolts and springs from the head pipe to muffler joint.
4. Pull back to remove the muffler from the rubber exhaust hangers and the vehicle.
1. Position the new mid pipe in the vehicle, routing the outlet between the frame and bumper support as shown.(See Figure #1)
2. Slide the rubber hanger over the mount on the new mid pipe.(See Figure #2)
3. Install the original bolts and springs at the head pipe to mid pipe joint. Do not tighten.
4. Plug the O2 sensor connector into the wiring harness.
5. Rotate the bottom rubber muffler hanger 180 degrees so that the 2 holes are on top.(See Figure #3)
5. Install the supplied muffler mounting plate so that its round posts slide through the holes in the bottom rubber gromet. Remember to have the rubber hanger oriented with the 2 holes on top.
6. With the muffler mounting plate installed in the bottom rubber hanger, use the supplied shoulder bolts with washers and lock nuts to mount the plate to the top rubber mounts.
7. Slide the muffler over the mid pipe.
8. Mount the muffler to the muffler mounting plate using the supplied bolts, washers, and Nyloc nuts.
9. Tighten the bolts at the head pipe to mid pipe joint.
10. Check all areas around the exhaust system for proper clearance and alignment. Adjust as necessary. HMF will not be held responsible for damage caused by improper installation.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: