For Models: Pioneer 1000 (2016-2023)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
It is recommended to use medium strength (blue) Loctite on all fasteners.
1. Remove the (2) rearmost bolts from the side of the cargo bed on each side. Save this hardware, it will be re-installed.(See Figure #1)
2. Remove the small bolt from the tailgate pivot pin on each side. Keep the tailgate latched.(See Figure #2)
3. Gently pull the cargo bed sides out from the vehicle and remove the pivot pins from each side of the tailgate.(See Figure #3)
4. Raise the bumper into position and hold it in place by reinstalling the pivot pins through the large hole in the mounting bracket. (See Figure #4)
5. Using the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (2) ¼” Flat Washers, and (2) M8-1.25 Flanged Nuts loosely secure the middle mounting points to the frame of the vehicle as shown. (See Figure #5)
6. Use the provided (2) M6-1.0x16 Flanged Hex Bolts to secure the pivot pins.(See Figure #6)
7. Check for proper clearance and alignment then tighten all hardware.
8. Reinstall the previously removed bolts from the side of the cargo bed.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: