For Models: Pioneer 1000 (2016-2021)
Installation of this product requires the Defender HD Front Bumper already installed to the vehicle.
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
Install one side at a time to help alleviate misalignment of the roll cage.
It is recommended to use medium strength (blue) Loctite on all fasteners.
1. Remove the front (2) bolts securing the roll cage to the frame of the vehicle. Be careful, the roll cage may spring away from the frame.
2. Inspect the threaded cap of the bumper top bar and clean out if any debris is present.
3. Position the headlight guard and loosely install the provided M10-1.5x25 Allen Bolt with a 3/8” Flat Washer into the threaded cap of the bumper top bar.(See Figure #1)
4. With the provided M8-1.25x20 Allen Bolt and ¼” Flat Washer loosely secure the headlight guard to the bumper near the upper light bar mount.(See Figure #2)
5. Using the provided (2) M12-1.75x55 Allen Bolts, (4) M12 Flat Washers, (2) 3/4”-M12 Aluminum Spacers, and (2) M12-1.75 Nylock Nuts loosely secure the headlight guard to the roll cage and frame of the vehicle as shown. (See Figure #3)
TIP: If there appears to be a misalignment with the headlight guards to the frame and roll cage it is recommended to loosen the mounting hardware for the front bumper.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the other side.
7. Check for proper alignment and clearance then tighten all hardware.(See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: