For Models: Monkey (2019-2020)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged. Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust. Allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
Blackout Exhausts: Take care not to get grease or oils on the exhaust. Cleaning our Blackout exhaust with harsh solvents, abrasives, or pressure washers will remove the coating and is not covered under warranty.
1. Remove the factory heat sheild by removing the allen head bolt and sliding the heatshield towards the rear of the machine.
2. Remove the bolt near the catalytic converter on the underside of the machine.
3. Loosen the clamp between the head pipe and factory silencer inlet.
4. Remove the (2) bolts holding the factory silencer to the vehicle. Carefully remove it from the head pipe and the vehicle.
5. Remove the (2) head stud nuts holding the headpipe to the cylinder head. Do not discard these nuts, they will be used during installation. Remvoe the factory headpipe.
6. Inspect inside the exhaust port for any debris. Inspect the gasket which may stay in the cylinder head that seals the headpipe to the cylinder head. If worn or damaged replace with a new gasket.
NOTE: This exhaust will come full assembled, no further assembly of the exhast components is needed.
1. Install the provided Honda Monkey Exhaust Mounting Bracket using the provided (2) M8-1.25x16 Hex Bolts, and (2) 1/4" Flat Washers. (See Figure #1)
2. Mount the exhaust system to the previously installed mounting bracket using the provided (1) M8-1.25x45 Allen Bolt, (1) 1/4" Flat Washer, and (1) M8-1.25 Nylock Nut. Do not tighten.(See Figure #2)
3. Align the collar and flange of the HMF exhaust to the exhaust port on the cylinder head and loosely install the original head stud nuts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #3)
4. Tighten the bolt between the exhaust and bracket, then the (2) head stud nuts. Be careful not to overtighten the nuts at the cylinder head.
5. Check for proper clearance and alignment, adjust as needed. (See Figure #4)
Wipe off any fingerprints or markings using a soft cloth and mild detergent such as soap and water or glass cleaner without ammonia. Once the exhaust heat cycles any oils left on the exhaust may permanently imprint.
If you received a stainless steel exhaust without the Blackout coating it is normal for the pipes to change color as they heat cycle.
The HMF Blackout exhaust will smoke and put out an odor for the first full heat cycle as the coating goes through its final curing process. It is recommended to allow this process to happen in a well ventilated area.
All systems will produce a smoke out the end cap after a short initial heat cycle, this is the packing material bedding in and is completely normal.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: