For Models: CBR 1000 (2008-2014)
1. Locate the Exhaust Servo underneath the Seat, but do not remove the Cables at this time. (See Figure #1)
2. Before you remove the Cables, note the Stock Location by marking a line from the Servo Body to the Servo Wheel. Turn the Servo Wheel and remove the Cables. Loosen the Bolts on the Cables to obtain free play in cables.
3. Realign your mark and replace the Cover.
If this is not done properly, you may receive an FI Check Code Warning and you will have to have your ECU reset by the dealer.
4. Remove the Silencer and Gasket.
1. Slide the Clamp over the Silencer, then slide the Silencer onto the Head Pipe.
2. Slide the Rubber Piece over the Body Strap and onto the Exhaust.
3. Mount the supplied Bracket with the bend facing out using the stock Bolt and the supplied Nylock Nut. (See Figure #2)
4. Mount the Silencer Body Strap to the bent bracket using the supplied hardware.(See Figure #3)
5. Align the Silencer as you tighten the system.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: