For Models: Renegade 500 (2013-2015), Renegade 1000 (2012-2021), Renegade 800 (2012-2015), Renegade 850 (2016-2021), Renegade 570 (2016-2021)
1. Remove the Rear Tubes.(See Figure #1)
2. Loosen the Stock Clamp and remove the Silencer Mounting Bolts and Silencer.
3. Remove the (4) Torx Head Screws and Cargo Hooks (See Figure #2)
4. Remove the Seat and Remove the Upper Plastic Air Box Cover.
6. Remove the Left and Right Side Plastic Body Panels.
7. Remove the Head Pipe Heat Shield. Removal may be easier with the Battery Box Tray raised up. Do not damage the heat shield, as it will be reused on the installation.
8. Remove the Stock Head Pipe.
NOTE: On base models, it may be necessary to unbolt the rear shocks and flip them over so that the mid-pipe can pass by the driver's side shock without interference.
1. Be sure that the Rear Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Gasket is installed. (Replace if worn.) Install the Rear Head Pipe Section and Nuts. Hand tighten.
2. Be sure that the Front Head Pipe-to-Cylinder Head Gasket is installed. (Replace if worn.) Install the Front Head Pipe Section into the Collector while lining up the Collar with the Exhaust Port in the Head. Some pushing and twisting may be necessary as this is a snug fit. Install nuts hand tight.
3. Install the supplied brackets between the plastic and Grab bar. Start the Torx Head Screws but do not tighten.(See Figure #3)
4. Slide the supplied Clamp over the Inlet side of the Y-collector. Install the Y-collector onto Head Pipe.
5. Install the Lower Silencer onto the bottom of the Collector. Install the Top Silencer (with HMF nameplate) onto the top of the Collector. Mount the Top Silencer to the previously installed brackets with supplied hardware. Do not tighten.
6. Reinstall the Rear Tubes and mounting hardware. Using the supplied hardware, bolt the Lower Silencer to the original exhaust mounting location. Do not tighten (See Figure #4)
7. Ensure the proper exhaust alignment and clearance. The position of the Y-collector is Critical. If it is not positioned correctly, the silencers will not line up properly.
8. Tighten all the mounting hardware, torx screws, T bolt clamp(s), head pipe nuts (Full system only) and install the supplied springs at the Y-collector-to-Inlet Joints.
9. Install the self adhesive heat shield (included) to the back of the fuel tank (See Figure #5)
10. Re inspect all the areas around the exhaust system for proper alignment and clearance.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: