For Models: Renegade 1000 (2023-2023)
1. Remove the stock front bumper and small plastic skid plate on the front bumper.
1. Begin installing the bumper by holding it over the front of the machine and loosely mounting it at the lower mounting locations using the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4” Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #1)
2. Continue mounting at the upper rear mounting locations using the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4” Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #2)
3. With the provided (2) M8x1.25x20 Buttonhead Bolts, (8) 1-4" Washers, (4) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (2) M8x1.25x20 Hex Bolts secure the included mid mount bracket from the bumper to the body support as shown. If using a winch with HMF HD Bumper the winch mounting bolts will be used to mount the bracket.(See Figure #3)
(See Figure #4)
4. Check for proper clearance and alignment then tighten all mounting hardware.
5. Install the provided (1) M8x1.25 Speednut to the lower skid plate tab on the bumper. Make sure the threaded portion of the speednut is facing up.
6. Install the provided skidplate to the bumper. Use the provided (1) M8x1.25x20 Buttonhead Bolt and (1) 1/4” Washer for the single lower mounting point, and the provided (2) M8x1.25x25 Buttonhead Bolts, (4) 1/4” Washers, and (2) M8x1.25 Nylock Nuts for the upper mounting points.(See Figure #5)
NOTE 1: If you are mounting a winch fairlead at this time use the hardware that comes with the fairlead to mount it to the bumper and skidplate.
NOTE 2: If a winch is being installed you may need to alter the location the winch rope comes off the spool to prevent damage to the winch or bumper.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: