For Models: Outlander 500L (2015-2015), Outlander 570 (2017-2022), Outlander 570L (2016-2016)
1. Loosen the clamp at the silencer inlet tube where it connects to the head pipe.
2. Remove the 2 bolts that hold the silencer to the chassis. Pull back and twist to remove the muffler.
3. Remove the Seat
4. Remove the Gauge Panel Cluster and Upper Plastic Air Box Cover.
5. Remove the right front inner fender along with Left and Right Side Plastic Body Panels.
6. Remove the Head Pipe Heat Shield. Removal may be easier with the Battery Box Tray raised up. Do not damage the heat shield, as it will be reused on the installation.
7. Remove the Stock Head Pipe. NOTE: The gaskets will probably fall out of the exhaust ports upon removing the head pipe. Be careful not to lose them.
1. Be sure that the rear head pipe to the cylinder head gasket is installed. (replace if worn) Install the rear head pipe section and nuts hand tight.
2. Be sure that the front head pipe to the cylinder head gasket is installed. (replace if worn) Install the front head pipe section into the collector while lining up the collar with the exhaust port in the head. Some pushing and twisting may be necessary as this is a snug fit. Install nuts hand tight.
3. Slide one of the supplied clamps over the inlet (larger) side of the HMF S bend and slide the S bend over the head pipe.
4. Slide the other clamp over the Silencer Inlet.
- Use the supplied M8x20 Hex Bolt, washers, and nyloc nut to mount the Silencer to the original right side hanger. Do not tighten.(See Figure #1)
-For the left side mount, use the supplied M8 x 35 Hex bolt and nyloc nut along with the supplied aluminum spacer to mount the silencer as shown below.(See Figure #2)
6. Tighten the Silencer Mounting Bolts, clamps, and Head Pipe Nuts. Use a spring puller or long piece of electrical wire to install the supplied spring at the head pipe collector.
7. Reinstall the Head Pipe Heat Shield, Left and Right Side Plastic Body Panels, Upper Plastic Air Box Cover, Gauge Panel Cluster, Seat and right front inner fender.
8. Reinspect all areas around the exhaust system for proper alignment and clearance.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: