For Models: Maverick XDS Turbo (2015-2017)
1. Loosen the clamps for the stock mufflers and remove the cotter pins from the top hangers.
2. Remove the stock down pipe. Save the (3) 8mm nuts, you will need these with the installation of the HMF system.
3. Remove the stock “up” pipe by removing the (4) Bolts and Springs at the (2) Head Pipe-to-Up Pipe Joints. and the (4) 8mm nuts. Be sure to keep the (4) flange bolts and the gaskets.
4. Remove the (4) Original Studs from the bottom of the turbo.
Note: It may be necessary to loosen the rear head pipe nuts to allow it to rotate and line up with the new HMF up pipe. DO NOT remove the front or rear cylinder head pipes.
1. Install the HMF Race Up Pipe by lining up the flanges with the original donut gaskets and loosely securing it using the original bolts and spring spacers, use the provided (4) Big Boost Springs. (See Figure #1)
Note: If the donut gaskets are worn or damaged replace them with new OEM gaskets. Leaks at these joints can cause power loss and or a check engine light.
2. Using the original gasket secure the HMF Race Up Pipe to the inlet of the turbocharger and secure it using the provided (4) M8-1.25x25 Allen Bolts and (4) 3/8" USS Washers.
3. Reinstall the original downpipe along with the provided Can-Am Maverick Turbo Mounting Bracket as shown and loosely secure using the original nuts. Do not tighten the nuts yet.(See Figure #2)
4. Slide the provided Clamps over the inlets of each silencer.
5. Install the left and right silencers onto the original downpipe and secure using the provided 5/16"x1"x1/4"-20 Shoulder Bolts, 1/4" Flat Washer, 5/16" Fender Washer, and 1/4"-20 Nylock Nut for each silencer.
Note: Refer to the image below for proper washer placement.(See Figure #3)
6. Check for proper alignment and clearance of all parts then tighten all hardware left loose and reinstall any other parts removed. (See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: