For Models: Maverick XDS Turbo (2015-2017)
1. Loosen the clamps for the stock mufflers and remove the cotter pins from the top mounting hangers.
2. Remove the mufflers.
3. Remove the aluminum shield from behind the intercooler
4. Remove the stainless heat shield from above the turbocharger.
5. Remove the stock down pipe. Save the (3) 8mm nuts, you will reuse these.
6. Remove the original Up Pipe by removing the Bolts, Nuts, spring spacers, and springs. Be sure to keep the gaskets as you will reuse them.
7. Remove the original studs from the Inlet of the turbo exhaust housing, you will not reuse them.
8. Loosen the nuts on the rear cylinder head pipe to allow it to rotate side to side.
1. Install the Race up Pipe using the original bolts and spacers but the supplied washers and springs at the rear head pipe joint. It will be necessary to rotate the rear head pipe slightly to align it with the new up pipe.
2. Use the original bolts and spacers but the supplied washers and springs at the front head pipe joint.(See Figure #1)
3. Use the supplied allen head bolts at the up pipe to turbo flange being sure the original up pipe to turbo gasket and original heat shield are in place. (See Figure #2)
4. Leave hardware loose until the turbocharger support bracket is in place.
Note: This bracket is an important part of the exhaust system. Not installing it will likely cause exhaust system parts failure.
1. With the down pipe in place, (nuts not installed yet) slide the turbo support bracket over the down pipe studs so that it sits flush against the down pipe flange. (See Figure #3)
2. Install the original downpipe nuts and torque to factory specifications. Torque all remaining hardware to factory specifications.
3. Install the stainless heat shield using the origingal nuts and bolts. Adjust the heat shield to fit as necessary. (See Figure #4)
4. Install the large aluminum shield and side panels around the intercooler.
5. Slide the supplied T bolt clamp over the inlet of the muffler. Install the muffler and use the supplied shoulder bolt with fender washers and lock nut at the top muffler mounting bracket.
Hook me up! Get $75 off your next exhaust order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: