For Models: Maverick X3 (2017-2022)
1. Be sure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, with the transmission in the Park position.
2. Use a floor jack to raise the back of the vehicle so that the rear tires are off the ground. Use jack stands under the frame to support the rear of the vehicle.
3. Remove the 6 nuts that hold the rear plate and center radius rod mounts to the vehicle frame and remove the rear plate.
1. Using the supplied hardware, install the 2 top support bars as shown. Do not tighten yet.(See Figure #1)
(See Figure #2)
2. Install the rear bumper so that the bottom mounting plate slides over the 6 radius rod bolts.
3. Install the original nuts hand tight to the radius rod/rear plate bolts.
4. Connect the 2 top support bars to the top of the bumper using the supplied bolts and washers. Do not tighten yet.(See Figure #3)
(See Figure #4)
5. Tighten the original radius rod/rear plate nuts.(See Figure #5)
6. Tighten the bolts that connect the 2 top support bars to the top of the bumper.
7. Tighten the 2 bolts that hold the 2 top support bars to the vehicle frame.
8. Check all areas for proper clearance and alignment and adjust as necessary.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: