For Models: Maverick X3 (2017-2022), Maverick X3 MAX (2017-2022)
Before working on your machine make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged. Do not work on any machine with a hot engine or exhaust, allow time for all parts to cool in order to reduce the risk of burns.
Smart-Shox Fitment Notice: The included support arms with this bumper cannot be fitted to Smart-Shox models, however the bumper can still be installed and retain full functionality.
Remove the following:
NOTE: Alternately you can remove the above listed parts after removing the front body section as an assembly to have greater access to all parts. Keep track of the location for each piece of hardware. Refer to your machine’s service manual for the correct procedure. If you choose to do this your machine should look like the following:(See Figure #1)
1. Using the hole cut template drill a 1 ¼” hole in the front fascia on both the driver and passenger side. (Skip this step and steps 3-5 for Smart-Shox models)
TIP: When drilling the holes in the front fascia start by drilling a ¼” pilot hole and then use a large step bit to finish drilling out the fascia plastics to the final 1 ¼” size. The step bit will create a clean hole with no excess plastic around the edge.(See Figure #2)
2. Install the front bumper over the (4) front control arm bolts and loosely install the original nuts, do not tighten. Make sure the lower radiator mounting tabs lay behind the corresponding mounting tabs on the front bumper.(See Figure #3)
If you have removed the front body section as an assembly place it back on the vehicle but do not reinstall any of the hardware at this point.
3. Install the front bumper support bars by passing the straight end through the holes drilled in the front fascia and loosely secure each side to front bumper support tab using the provided (1) M8x20 Hex Bolt and (1) ¼” Washer for each side. Do not tighten the bolts at this point.(See Figure #4)
4. Secure the rear mounting tabs of the left and right support bars to the unused holes in the vehicle’s frame just above the rear upper control arms using (1) M8x20 Hex Bolt, (1) 5/16” Fender Washer, (1) ¼” Washer, and (1) M8 Nyloc Nut for each side. The 5/16” Fender Washer will go against the head of the bolt then pass the bolt through the rear of the frame and support arm followed by the ¼” Washer and Nyloc Nut.(See Figure #5)
5. Check the alignment of the support bars relative to holes drilled in the front fascia, adjust the rotation as necessary then tighten the hardware at the rear mounting tabs installed in the previous step.
6. Secure the lower radiator mounting tabs to the front bumper using the provided (1) M6x25 Hex Bolt, (2) #10 Washers, and (1) M6 Nyloc Nut on each side. Tighten these bolts once installed.
7. Tighten all (4) front control arm nuts, then tighten the (2) bolts installed previously for the support arms at the top bumper tube.
8. Secure the lower plastics to the front bumper near the lower radiator mounting points using the provided (1) M8x50 Button Head Bolt, (2) ¼” Washers, (1) 1-1/8” Spacer, and (1) M8 Nyloc Nut on each side. The spacer will go between the front fascia plastic and the bumper as pictured. Snug the bolt down, do not overtighten to avoid deforming the front fascia plastic.(See Figure #6)
9. Reinstall and tighten any previously removed hardware.
10. Install the provided skid plate using the (4) M8x20 Button Head Bolts, remaining (8) ¼” Washers, and remaining (4) M8 Nyloc Nuts. If installing a winch fairlead use the provided fairlead hardware as necessary.
NOTE: When installing a winch it may be necessary to change where the wire/rope comes off the spool to avoid damage to the winch and/or bumper.
11. Check for proper clearance and alignment, adjust as necessary.(See Figure #7)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: