For Models: Maverick Trail 1000 (2018-2022)
1. Remove the stock heat shields by removing the hose clamps. Save the Front Head Pipe Outer Heat Shield, it will be used with the HMF Full System exhaust.
2. Remove the Factory Oxygen Sensor.
3. Remove the Tail Pipe and loosen the muffler clamp.
4. Remove the (4) springs connecting the front and rear head pipe.
5. Remove the (2) nuts and bolts (13mm) holding the muffler to the bracket
6. Remove the muffler
7. Remove the front and rear head pipe flange bolts (13mm)
8. Remove the Head Pipes save header gaskets and re-use.
9. Remove the stock rear muffler bracket
1. Install the supplied Rear Muffler Bracket using the Stock Carriage Bolts installed from the bottom.(See Figure #1)
2. Install the Rear Head Pipe and be sure to leave nuts loose. Use stock header gasket replace if necessary.
3. Prep the Front outer heat shield by drilling out the (3) rivets that hold on the collars. Using an M7 or 1/4" Drill bit, drill the (2) outer holes to accommodate the M6 bolts.
4. Set Front Outer Heat Shield on the Front HMF Head Pipe. Do not bolt the Heat Shield to the Head Pipe at this time.
5. Slide the front head pipe into the merge collector on the rear head pipe and into cylinder. Use stock header gasket replace if necessary.
6. Install the spring from the Front Head Pipe to the Rear Merge Collector.(See Figure #2)
7. Install the Clamp on the Inlet of the Muffler. DO NOT TIGHTEN.
8. Install the muffler center and level on the supplied bracket with (2) M8x20 bolts, (4) ¼ washers, and (2) M8 nylocs and tighten.(See Figure #3)
9. Tighten the front and rear head pipes to the head and muffler clamp.
10. Install the Front Heat Shield with (2) supplied M6x10 Button Head Bolts.(See Figure #4)
11. Install the stick-on Heat Shield Square to backside of the drive belt cover to protect it from the heat of the rear head pipe.
12. Install the tip assembly and spark arrestor (if desired)
13. Install the factory oxygen sensor.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: