For Models: Commander 1000 (2011-2020), Commander 800 (2011-2015)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
1. Remove the outer front bumper by loosening the (4) torx head bolts securing it to the inner front bumper structure. Brace the outer bumper before removing the bolts completely to prevent damage to the bodywork.
2. Remove the lower plastic body work covering the inner front bumper structure by removing the torx head screws securing it to the inner bumper.
Note: If the vehicle is equipped with a winch it will be necessary to unbolt the winch fairlead to remove the lower plastic.
3. Begin removing the inner front bumper structure by removing the upper mounting hardware located near the top of the radiator.(See Figure #1)
4. Remove the mid mounting points along with the spacers.(See Figure #2)
5. Remove the lower mounting points that pass through the bumper structure and thread directly into the frame.(See Figure #3)
6. Lift and pull forward on the inner bumper to remove it from the vehicle. There are 2 wire hooks built into the bumper holding it onto the frame of the vehicle.
Radiator Guard Installation:
1. Secure the radiator guard to the radiator by placing the provided 1/4" Washer against the head of the M8-1.25x50 Buttonhead Bolt then passing it through the radiator guard. Place the provided 1-1/8" Aluminum Spacer between the radiator and radiator guard. Loosely secure with the provided M8-1.25 Flanged Nut. Do not tighten.
2. Repeat for all (4) corners.
3. Check for proper alignment and clearance then tighten all hardware for the radiator guard.
Front Bumper Installation:
1. Install the Commander Top Winch Plate using the provided (2) M8-1.25x55 Allen Bolts, (4) 1/4" Flat Washers, (2) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (2) 33mm Aluminum Spacers. Do not tighten. (See Figure #4)
2. Begin installing the front bumper by bringing it up to the vehicle keeping the Commander Top Winch Plate on top of the bumper plate. Use the provided (2) M8-1.25x25 Allen Bolts and (2) 1/4" Flat Washers to secure the lower mount. Do not tighten.(See Figure #5)
3. Secure the Commander Top Winch Plate to the bumper using the provided (2) M10-1.5x25 Allen Bolts, (4) 3/8" USS Flat Washers, and (2) M10-1.5 Nylock Nuts. Do not tighten.(See Figure #6)
4. Position the Commander Support Arms as shown with the arm under the mounting hole in the light bar plate and going up to the upper mounting point on the frame. Loosely secure the support arm to the bumper with the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Buttonhead Bolts, (2) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts, and (4) 1/4" Flat Washers. (See Figure #7)
(See Figure #8)
Note: If you are installing the HMF accessory headlight guards at the same time different hardware will be used, and is provided with the headlight guards. Refer to the separate instructions for more information.
5. Loosely secure the Support Arms to the vehicle's frame using the provided (2) M6-1.0x16 Allen Bolts, (4) #10 Flat Washers, and (2) M6-1.0 Nylock Nuts.
Tip: Pass the small allen bolt through the frame and start threading the nut on the bolt from the outside. Then pass a 5mm allen key through the frame of the vehicle for easier access to the bolt head.
6. Using (2) of the original buttonhead torx bolts and washers that were removed previously secure the body work to the support arm. Refer back to image #7.
7. Check for proper alignment and clearance between the bumper, brackets, and any moving parts. Adjust as necessary then tighten all bumper and bracket hardware.
8. Install the included skid plate with the the provided (4) M8-1.25x20 Buttonhead Bolts, (8) 1/4" Flat Washers, and (4) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts. (See Figure #9)
Note: If installing a winch and fairlead at this time use the hardware provided with the fairlead to secure the upper mounting points for the skid plate. (See Figure #10)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: