For Models: S1000RR (2009-2014)
1) Remove the Upper & Lower Front Fairings.
2) Note: You will need to unplug the Front Turn Signal Harness and make note of the location of the (3) Vent Tubes.
3) Using a pocket screw driver, remove the Retainer Clip and Cover from the Exhaust Valve at the Muffler. Loosen the Cable Lock Nuts and remove the cables from the Linkage. (See Figure #1)
4) Mark the Front Servo Housing and Linkage. Note: Turning the servo linkage may cause the indicator light to come on. Remove the cable from the servo, leaving the exhaust side connected.
5) Remove the (2) Oil Cooler to Radiator Bolts.
6) Remove the Oil Cooler/Radiator Bracket-to-Engine Bolt. Remove the Bracket-to-Oil-Cooler-C-Clip and Washer. Remove the Bracket from the vehicle. (See Figure #2)
7) Carefully cut the O2 Sensor Zip Ties and Unplug the Harness. (See Figure #3)
8) Remove the (8) Exhaust-to-Cylinder Head Nuts.
9) Remove the Silencer Mounting Bolt and loosen the Clamp. Remove the Silencer.
10) Remove the (2) Exhaust to Frame Bolts. Remove the exhaust, being careful not to damage the oil cooler & radiator.
11) Remove the O2 Sensors from the OEM exhaust and set aside. You will use them with your new Hmf exhaust.
1) Loosely install (4) Primary Tubes to the Cylinder Head. Note: Be sure to align the Notches on the Flanges properly on the Cylinder Head.
2) Install the Oil-Cooler/Radiator-to-Engine-Bracket.
3) Install the Y Pipe Collectors onto the primaries, making sure the Spring Tabs are lined up.
4) Install the original O2 Sensors into the large Y Collector.
5) Install the Large Y Collector onto the Small Y Collectors. Install the S-Bend onto the Large Y Collector.
6) Remove the Passenger Foot Pegs.
7) Mount the Silencer Bracket to the Passenger Foot Peg Location.
8) Slide the Silencer over the S-Bend and align with the Mounting Holes in the Bracket.
9) Loosely install the Mounting Bolts.
10) Inspect all areas around the Exhaust System for proper clearance with hoses, cables, etc. Adjust as necessary.
11) Using a long piece of electrical wire, install the supplied springs at all Spring Tab Locations.
12) Starting at the Cylinder Head, tighten all the hardware moving toward the rear of the vehicle. Inspect all areas around the Exhaust System for proper clearance with hoses, cables, etc. Adjust as necessary.
13) Zip-tie the Right Side O2 Sensor Harness to the Radiator Hose.
14) Reroute the Left Side O2 Sensor Harness under the Clutch Cover.
15) Trim and apply the Heat Shield Material (supplied) inside the Lower Fairings where necessary.
16) Replace the upper and lower fairings and hardware, being sure to connect the Turn Signal Wiring.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: