This product requires the HMF™ Defender HD Front Bumper be installed prior.
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
Note: Work on one side of the vehicle at a time to prevent roll cage misalignment.
1. Pull the roll cage boots up and away from the body of the vehicle. If the machine is equipped with a stereo be sure to disconnect the speakers or remove them temporarily from the boot.
2. Trim the roll cage boots as outlined in yellow in the image below. Only the outside portion needs to be trimmed enough so that both bolt heads are visible when the boots are in place.(See Figure #1)
3. Remove only the upper bolt securing the roll cage to the frame. Place a couple of cable ties or a similar method to keep the cage from springing away from the frame.(See Figure #2)
Tip: It is very important to try and keep the roll cage and frame aligned when removing the bolts securing the two parts. The roll cage on this machine has a tendancy to spring inwards which may cause injury or damage the vehicle. Take all precautions necessary.
4. Check and clean out the threaded end cap of the bumper as needed.
5. Begin installing the Exo Guard by securing it to the front bumper using the provided (1) M10-1.5x25 Allen Bolt, and (1) 3/8" USS Flat Washer. Do not tighten. (See Figure #3)
6. Carefully loosen and remove the roll cage to frame bolts making sure the roll cage and frame stay in alignment.
7. Begin securing the Exo Guard to the roll cage and frame by placing (1) of the provided 3/4" Aluminum Spacers between the Exo Guard and the frame. Using the provided M10-1.25x70 Hex Bolt, 3/8" Flat Washer, and M10-1.25 Nylock Nut loosey begin securing all parts together.
8. Before tightening the lower bolt place another 3/4" Aluminum Spacer between the Exo Guard and frame.
9. Remove the cable ties (or other parts used to maintain alignment) from the upper bolt holes between the roll cage and frame.
10. With the provided M10-1.25x70 Hex Bolt, 3/8" Flat Washer, and M10-1.25 Nylock Nut loosely secure all parts through the Exo Bar, frame, and roll cage. (See Figure #4)
11. Align the front of the Exo Bar with the front bumper then tighten the previously installed Allen Bolt.
12. Evenly tighten the upper pair of bolts for the Exo Bar, roll cage, and frame.
13. Slide the roll cage boot back down into place. (See Figure #5)
14. Repeat the installation process for the other side. (See Figure #6)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: