1. Drill the top (4) existing mount holes in the frame to 3/8”. Note: It may be necessary to remove the muffler to access the right side holes with your drill. (See Figure #1)
2. Pop the knock outs out of the rear facia. These snap in and out of place and can be removed by gently pulling back on them. (See Figure #2)
3. Gently tap the very bottom of the heat shield to bend it in toward the muffler. This will create clearance between the heat shield and your new rear bumper.
4. Slide the top tubes of the bumper through the holes in the rear facia while lining up the bottom mounting plate with the existing threaded holes in the frame on either side of the hitch.
5. Start the 2 10MM allen head bolts at the bottom bracket. DO NOT TIGHTEN YET.
6. To make installation easier we have included (2) brackets with threaded holes for the top mounts. Hold the bracket inside the left square frame tube where you drilled the holes earlier and insert the included 8MM bolts with flat washers. DO NOT TIGHTEN. (See Figure #3)
7. Repeat this step for the right side. You may find it easier to have a helper reach in above the muffler from the LEFT side to hold the nut bracket in place while you insert the bolts and washers from the right side. Note: The heat shield on the muffler is sharp. Be careful to avoid cuts when working around it.
8. Once all bolts are started you can begin to tighten them. Take a step back and check for proper alignment and clearance. Adjust as necessary and finish tightening six bolts.
Hook me up! Get $75 off your next exhaust order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: