!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
1. Remove the (2) small allen head bolts securing the lower front fascia plastics to the original front bumper. Save these (2) bolts, they will be used during installation later.
2. Remove the (4) long bolts securing square tube portion of the bumper to the frame.
3. Remove the lower (2) mounting bolts securing the original bumper to the frame. Carefully remove the original front bumper from the machine.
It is recommended to use medium strength (blue) Loctite on all fasteners.
1. Attach the Upper Mount Tabs as shown using the provided (2) M8-1.25x25 Hex Bolts, (2) ¼” Flat Washers, and (2) M8-1.25 Flanged Nuts. Do not tighten the hardware at this point.(See Figure #1)
Note: If installing a winch with the front bumper it is recommended to attach the winch to the bumper prior to installing the bumper on the vehicle.
2. Begin installing the bumper by aligning the lower mounting slots with the original lower mounting points on the frame. Loosely secure using the provided (2) M10-1.25x25 Allen Bolts, and (2) 3/8” Flat Washers. (See Figure #2)
3. Rotate the bumper up into place making sure the previously installed upper mount tabs are inside of the original upper mounting points.
4. Secure the upper mounting points using the provided (4) M8-1.25x30 Hex Bolts, and (4) ¼” Flat Washers. (See Figure #3)
Optional: If accessible and not blocked by a winch; use the additional provided (4) M8-1.25 Flanged Nuts to act as a jamming nut inside the frame tube as shown. It is recommended to do this first with the rear-most bolt, then install the forward bolt so that the shank of the bolt is more accessible. A 13mm ratcheting wrench is the preferred tool for installing the jam nuts.(See Figure #4)
5. Check for proper alignment and clearance then tighten all mounting hardware.
6. Install the skid plate using the provided (4) M8-1.25x25 Buttonhead Bolts, (8) ¼” Flat Washers, and (4) M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts. If installing a winch fairlead use the provided hardware with the fairlead. (See Figure #5)
7. Using the previously removed (2) bolts secure the front fascia plastic to the tabs on the bumper.(See Figure #6)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: