1. Raise and support the rear of the vehicle so that the rear tires are off the ground.
2. Carefully remove the bolts holding the rear tie rods and lower control arms to the frame. (See Figure #1)
3. Position the rear bumper so that holes in the Lower Mounting Plate line up with the bolt holes in the frame. Be sure the Top Mounting Plate lines up with the corresponding mounting holes on the frame.
4. Install the original rear tie rod bolts and lower control arm bolts. Do not tighten.
5. Install the supplied M8 x 45 bolts with washers and Nyloc nuts in the top mount. Do not tighten.
6. Remove the nuts from the top rear shock bolts and attach one end of the top support bars to the top shock mount and the other end to the mounting tab on the top tube of the bumper using the (2) supplied M8x20 bolts, washers, and nyloc nuts. Repeat for the opposite side. (See Figure #2)
Note: It may be necessary to trim the right side black plastic deflector to provide clearance for the top support bar.
7. Tighten all mounting hardware.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: