These headlight guards are specifically designed to work with the HMF Defender HD Deluxe Front Bumper for the CanAm Commander.
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
1. Ensure the threaded hole in the end up the bumper cap is clean and undamaged. Clean out the threaded hole as necessary and check that that large provided allen bolt threads smoothly before installing the headlight guard.
2. Remove the hardware on the front bumper that holds the upper strut to the bumper. (See Figure #1)
3. Using the provided (2) M8-1.25x20 Allen Bolts and (2) 1/4" Flat Washers loosely secure the headlight guards in the location of the previously removed hardware. Do not tighten.(See Figure #2)
4. Use the provided (2) M10-1.5x25 Allen Bolts and (2) 3/8" USS Washers to secure the ends of the radiator guards to the bumper ends. Do not tighten. (See Figure #3)
5. Tighten the smaller M8 allen bolts first then proceed to tighten the larger M10 allen bolts into the bumper end caps. (See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: